Goes beyond its colorful hue to a deeper level of health and wellness.
According to published research, the estimated daily intake of anthocyanin’s is 12.5 mg/day.2
One Artisan Purple Corn Tortilla can deliver as much as the current estimated daily intake of health promoting anthocyanin’s.
Independent Research confirms that purple corn:
- Is rich in antioxidants (anthocyanins). Widely associated with better health and well-being
- Has more antioxidants protection than blueberries, Acai berries and pomegranate juice
- Contains nearly 4x the level of anthocyanins as blue corn. (White & yellow corn are virtually devoid of anthocyanins)
- Delivers 15 – 20% more of the eight essential amino acids as found in yellow corn
Ingredients: Water, Non-GMO Purple Corn Flour, Organic White Corn Flour, Wheat Gluten, Sea Salt, Baking Powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, cornstarch, monocalcium phosphate), Citric Acid, Non-GMO Cultured Corn Syrup Solids, Guar Gum, Yeast. Contains: Wheat.
“Adding purple to your diet can do amazing things to your overall health.”
– Dr. Travis Stork, host of the popular “Doctors” TV show
“Purple foods and vegetables are the foundation of my diet.”
– Dr. Mehmet Oz on his nationally syndicated TV show
2Source: Concentration of anthocyanin’s in common foods in the USA & estimation of normal consumption. Wu, Beecher, Holden, Haytorwitz, Gebhardt and Prior. J. of Agriculture and Food Chemistry2006, 54, 4069-4075
4Source: Anthocyanin’s composition in black, blue, pink, purple and red cereal grains. El-Sayed M. Abdel-Aal,J. Christopher Young and Iwona Rabalski. J. Agriculture and Food Chemistry 2006, 54, 4696-4704
5Source: Suntavapurplecorn.com,. ‘Suntava | Natural Colorants & Functional Ingredients Derived From Purple Corn.’. N.p., 2015. Web. 13 Nov. 2015.